Thursday 23 May 2019

Best tools to make amazing Brochures/Newsletters/Proposals?

Currently using google docs but looking to expand due to complaints i'll mention below, but also I'll go in details of what I'm looking for. I work for a mobile events company that provides VR experiences to clients. I would like to make digital only docs we could share with clients with some key features. Up until now I found google docs a decent candidate for the easy share feature along with its insert drawings tool. I would make an image with a text box with a colored border and match other cell dimensions with the doc's tools that allow me to line up my cells/boxes/images neatly. The final feature that I enjoyed using docs for was the ability to turn the cells into a click-able link where I could send them to a youtube link. Including a image/flavor text for said game that users could click to be sent to a youtube gameplay video e.t.c.

While this all is dandy, I feel like the flow could be faster and more consistent than what docs offers. One other major problem Is the insert drawing tool is both a blessing an a curse. While the tools are available docs has issues when it comes to creating text inside of the drawing tool. When you close out of the tool there is a noticeable blur and loss of image and text quality in the cell that is far too noticeable. This appears to be a problem that's existed for several years that google has absolutely no desire to fix.

Assuming that my experience in this field will probably be a big factor to which tool I will be suggested. I have no real experience with any form of web design/photoshop and only light experience with google docs and maybe publisher. While some programs will take time to learn, I'm willing to make the effort to learn them if that means it will be a more powerful and more efficient tool as I have plenty of docs I would like to design. With how easily information is available through the power of the internet there are no doubt hundreds of tutorials for each tool.

Just wanted to get some suggestions and would to thank all of you folks in advance :).



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 23, 2019 at 08:20PM by D4rkfalz http://bit.ly/2whlZcp

No comments:

Post a Comment