Sunday 27 November 2016

Hey r/design -- i need help figuring out what my next laptop purchase should be

I'm a UX designer currently using a 2011 Macbook Pro. I mainly use sketch, along with a few other OSX-specific design programs.

I originally planned on getting a new macbook pro to accommodate sketch -- but the price point and other issues (notably lack of USB ports/not wanting to spend money on dongles) have left me wondering if I should get a windows laptop instead.

What's everyone's thoughts? Are the new Macbook Pros worth the price? Or is Sketch performance within a virtual machine on Windows good enough?

Looking to get some different opinions from fellow designers to help guide my decision making.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 27, 2016 at 11:38PM by fivemanship http://ift.tt/2gA2H9j

No comments:

Post a Comment