Thursday 16 March 2017

18 Y/O Design Newbie-- Best way to use Indesign for 3 months or so?

Hello friends! I haven't ever used this subreddit so please don't crucify my formatting or lack of sub lingo. I am doing the design for my school's literary magazine and we don't have anyone with prior experience in layout and design, so I volunteered due to what I perceive to be computer savvy and love for poetry and extra work. I have a deadline of May 1, so I am trying to get started now as to not be overwhelmed. I need to be able to work on it at home, and I have a high functioning desktop I use for gaming that I plan on using. So, for starters, I decided to ask the Reddit experts of design the following:

  • What is the best way to use Indesign? I think there is a trial period, but I don't know how long it will be.
  • I have found an option to use a single adobe license program for 29.99 a month. There is also an option to do 19.99 for the entire cloud (in the student discount section) but it forces me to sign a contract for a year.
  • Any general design tips, or tips for using indesign are helpful. I am still figuring this stuff out and have a general idea of what we are trying to do with this.
  • What's the best way to pawn off projects to my peers in the class?
  • Your favorite way to integrate poetry (or text) and visual art/photography on a page?

Thanks so much for reading and resources; again, I apologize for my lack of understanding on sub rules, feel free to correct me, Mods. Anything is useful and I appreciate any responses.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 16, 2017 at 07:43PM by IamacoolcatLoL http://ift.tt/2mzgz5S

No comments:

Post a Comment