Wednesday 21 June 2017

How to charge for freelance art direction?

Hi there,

I've been asked to art direct a photo shoot for a small fashion brand and I'm not sure how to appropriately charge. It's a half day shoot going for four hours in a studio setting.

The client has put together some images for inspiration/theme as well as a shot list and styling for the day. My role will be to turn this into a short brief and make sure that the concept is clearly articulated to the photographer and models on the day.

What would be an appropriate rate for the shoot and the surrounding work?

For reference, I recently left a position as a Junior Art Director in a global ad agency. I was paid approximately $30 per hour there full time. (I live in Australia so the salaries are a little higher than what the same role would pay in the US).



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 21, 2017 at 08:42AM by sundayvetiver http://ift.tt/2sP0QG5

No comments:

Post a Comment