Tuesday 20 June 2017

Whats the best way to unify a composite in Photoshop

Hey all, I've been doing some composites in Photoshop recently in my spare time. Something I've been struggling with is achieving a unified or consistent look to the final image since I'm bringing in elements from different sources and enlarging/reducing away from the original element's dimensions.

I saw this poster for American Assassin on Reddit today and noticed how consistent the sharpness is to the image, nothing stands apart and brings attention to the fact each element was photoshopped in to create the final composite.

Is there a way to simply get that unified consistent level of sharpness? Something I've tried is to introduce a bit of film grain but to really mask the inconsistency in sharpness you have to bring in too much grain. Surely there must be a best practise to compositing that softens the image while retaining a suitable level of detail.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 20, 2017 at 07:09AM by the_humbling_river http://ift.tt/2ry8PUf

No comments:

Post a Comment