Thursday 29 June 2017

Someone Claims My Logo Is Similar To Theirs And Wants Me To Change It, I state it is different. I need someone with knowledge of plagiarism.

So a guy reached out to me claiming that I got a logo similar to theirs. My full logo is Rider in Red (it's for my motovlogging) as you see in this image but I use the RIR one on anything that is square.

He asked to change it, I said it doesn't resemble his logo especially when his logo is for a different word (Ruthless Ryders) and is mainly two RR with a line in the middle which doesn't represent a letter, unlike mine. In addition they got the full name over the logo, while mine is rather the acronym for Rider in Red.

I'm trying to be nice to the guy, but I honestly don't get how you can 'change it a little to make it a bit different'. By his standards, it seems, no one can use two R letters because it'll be similar to their logo. I told him mine is short for Rider in Red but he still believes he has a reasonable request.

So, I need your sound advice on how I can convince him that from a designers point of view, these two logos don't have enough similarity to request 'changing it' on the 'plagiarising' ground.

I know he can't sue me since he hardly will have a trademark over the logo, nor do I atm though. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 29, 2017 at 09:22PM by VMSstudio http://ift.tt/2sW3326

No comments:

Post a Comment