Tuesday 20 June 2017

Online Photo Database of Textures & Finishes?

I know sites like Materia.nl are great for finding new materials, but I am looking for some place that I could look up all the possible finishes and textures that could be applied to a certain plastics and metals.

Automotive project for school; I have been asked to provide specific finishes and textures I wish to apply to interior & exterior. The problem I have is I know existing products (examples below) that have the finish/color/texture I want, however I don't know the specific process/name that's used to achieve that finish.

A) Logitech MX Master Mouse has this interesting triangle pattern, but I don't know what I would specifically call this for it's "finish & texture"? Example of what I need to provide; Materials - Polypropylene / Color - Black / Finish - Satin / Texture - ?

Or another example this texture on the fitbit charge 2 gunmetal bracelet would be referred to what specifically; an algorithmic parametric triangle pattern?

Thanks

Here are the boards I need to fill in, I already began... however now my issue is I have those products above whose texture/finish I like, but I have no idea what to put it as in the Title or Description http://ift.tt/2sopVa7



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 21, 2017 at 12:16AM by NarpLife http://ift.tt/2so4rKF

No comments:

Post a Comment