Thursday 29 June 2017

What to put in an UX design portfolio.

With UX design, just flyers aren't going to do. So how would I effectively place entire projects in my portfolio? We have different things on my study we need to be able to do.

  • Correct Research
  • Concepting (And correctly explain why we made the choices.)
  • Visual Design
  • Usability Testing
  • Communication abilities (Working in a group, but also public speaking etc, to present ideas.)
  • Empathy (Being able to understand people that aren't at all like you, taking interviews, knowing about applied psychology)

Some of these things are quite easy to show. Visual Design, I could simply make a UI and then show which visual theory I've applied (gestalt, color theory, etc). But others are not so easy.

One idea I had for my portfolio was creating an app for classical musicians. And then showing the entire process.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 29, 2017 at 12:00PM by xynaxia http://ift.tt/2skvIPD

No comments:

Post a Comment