Thursday 7 September 2017

A type of job scam?

Reposting because I couldn't flair on mobile.

Hey /r/design,

I've recently graduated and was applying for design jobs online, and one replied to me. It is a work from home design job. The strange thing about it is that they say they're going to send me a check to purchase (rather expensive) equipment for my own home office from a specified vendor and the vendor will pick them up once I leave the job.

The interview was through Google hangout. Googling her name does pull up a LinkedIn profile with the same avatar at the same company in HR, but the email is different.

I've never had any sort of experience with this sort of thing, but it's setting off all sorts of BS sensors. So does this sound like a scam? I've also called the company's HR department and left a message, their front desk did say I'm not the first person to call in and ask this sort of question though.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 07, 2017 at 05:45PM by Folseit http://ift.tt/2f8yfUx

No comments:

Post a Comment