Friday 8 September 2017

Need a resource for a super high res texture

I've been interested in installing a concrete or white brick wall in my bedroom. My apartment has tons of exposed brick and wood beams, so I think the industrial look of either concrete or brick would work well and help break up the boring white walls in my bedroom. This is kinda what I'm looking to accomplish

Since it's a rental I don't want to go all in, so I've been looking at alternative solutions like wallpapers. The problem is, most of the cheap ones look like shit and/or repeat their pattern too frequently for my wall size (14.5 ft x 10 ft). The only ones I've found that don't do this are expensive (anywhere from $300 to $600 and up). That's just not worth the money for a temporary solution for me.

My local print shop told me about a vinyl wall covering they have that can stay on the wall and then you just peel it off. They'd be able to do this for me for about $50. The problem lies in finding a high resolution image of a plain concrete or brick wall that they can then print at a decent resolution. That means a minimum of 300 dpi and ideally 600.

But doing some quick math here, that means I need an image that is at least 52,200 x 36,000 pixels. Does anyone know of any resources that have photos that large?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 08, 2017 at 10:50PM by glatts http://ift.tt/2xiWGcB

No comments:

Post a Comment