Tuesday 5 September 2017

Need to interview for my design class (self driving cars!)

I'm taking a design class this semester on self driving class....Ford is sponsoring, which is really awesome of them and gives me motivation to try to do well. I'm new to design...and I'm not completely sure about how to tackle this project, I'd appreciate some guidance - ie. what kind of questions to ask at the beginning, what to focus on? How to think?
I'm not especially looking for extremely knowledgeable people here.....especially since I think that a lot of design is about speculation. How do aesthetics make people experience time? Could we chance the experience such that being in a car feels more like relaxing in a space, instead of "riding" a space? What subconscious things affect road rage? Do car designs today take into account of human’s cognitive abilities? etc. If anyone: -has thoughts on this, whether you also have questions unanswered or know of some research studies that I can look into. -can discuss behavioral theory in general - i.e. how people make decisions, and how do companies use them to have people pay. -just curious about this topic and would like to speculate on the future of self driving cars with me and give suggestions to what I should focus on
please reach out! I need to gather material before Thursday afternoon so I'll love to talk before then. If not self driving cars, then design overall in general. I don't plan for any interview to last more than 20 mins, so hopefully this won't take up so much of your time and it'll be a simple matter to chat, thank you :)



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 05, 2017 at 08:14PM by throwawayfnoj http://ift.tt/2f07dhV

No comments:

Post a Comment