Friday 8 September 2017

[Question] Getting a Job in Design without a degree

Hi /r/Design! The title of this post is probably the most lacklustre, but I'm going to explain the details anyway.

I'm currently an animation student in Singapore, and I've been contemplating and thinking what I should do after completing my diploma. I can either further my studies in animation by taking the Bachelor with Honours, or I can take a graphic communication course (also Bachelor degree with Honours). I've been stuck between these two decisions because while I still want to continue my studies in animation, I also want to expand into graphic design. I have interest in both animation and graphic design, but I'm mostly afraid that jobs in the animation industry tend to be more difficult to chance upon. I'm also aware that I can actually take short courses/informal courses in graphic design while studying animation formally, but still a little unsure whether the lack of a graphic design degree will affect my chances of being able to be hired for design instead of animation. Which route should I take?

I'm also planning to move/emigrate to Canada or the states after completing my studies, if that information changes anything.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 08, 2017 at 08:49AM by hazevanilla http://ift.tt/2wdlr4T

No comments:

Post a Comment