Sunday 10 June 2018

As a student without an internship, how should I spend my summer break?

Hi there!

I'm finishing up my first year as a design student after returning to school and leaving a career as a technical writer. Unfortunately, it seems that there aren't any applicable summer courses to take, and I'm still waiting to hear back if I landed an internship via a local exchange program (Bixel in Los Angeles).

Assuming I don't get an internship, what's a good way to spend my summer? I'm mostly focused on interaction/interface design, and I'm going to spend some time refining my final project for my interaction design class. I'd also like to pick up some JavaScript and other web-centric stuff.

Is there anything else I should consider working on? I'm open to taking courses via something like Lynda or just doing YouTube tutorials, but I'm kind of lost.

Thanks so much!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 10, 2018 at 09:39PM by addledhands https://ift.tt/2JHiC6R

No comments:

Post a Comment