Sunday 28 October 2018

Setting Up for Print Massive Project and looking for advice.

So... I've been drawing comics and using the assets in a huge mural 9 feet wide 4 feet tall. It's always been kind of a hobby of mine and now I'm getting to the point where people actually want this. I've only done digital stuff, and really nervous about getting the absolute best quality I can on this print.

I've got a weird technique which I've been exporting objects as high res PNGs from adobe animate (Where I draw everything) into a Photoshop file. 70% through the project I'm learning how important settings are for printing, and I just don't know what to expect, and need to get over that. I want to finish it in PS for the lighting effects etc, but not sure I'll get the best quality print possible. Am I wrong? This will be the third time I change the document out of just being nervous about the final results.

Just incase I'm now exporting everything as SVG files into illustrator where it's vector to export to photoshop if I need to.

Honestly, I wish I could just talk to somebody for some advice on how they would handle it. Do I continue in PS? It's set at 300 dpi and doesn't look noticeably pixelated when I zoom to 200%. Do I scratch everything and do it all in Illustrator for best result? Settings?

Sorry for the book just looking for some genuine advice from people that have finished big files for print. Almost seems like any option you change before printing can really mess stuff up. I'm trying to avoid that and get the absolute best product I can. There's nearly 200 characters on this mural, all real people.

I don't want to show it out in the open just yet, so if you message me or something I'm happy to share a screenshot.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 28, 2018 at 09:17PM by EnglishWop https://ift.tt/2zaY13C

No comments:

Post a Comment