Thursday 25 October 2018

When applying for a design internship, don't say this is "an opportunity for me to learn"

I see this a lot.

Internship requests with some form of this statement:

"I love [x] studio's work, and I think this would be a great opportunity for me to learn."

It's understood that an incoming intern will need to learn a lot on the job. Calling attention to this highlights the difficult part of managing an intern - hand holding.

The best interns require the least oversight. Instead of saying you are going to use the internship as an opportunity to learn, instead point to what you think you might be able to offer.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 25, 2018 at 06:02PM by EricFromOuterSpace https://ift.tt/2D4cW3W

No comments:

Post a Comment