Tuesday 15 November 2016

Advice: Stuck In an expensive stock photo subscription...how do i get rid of them?

Apologies if this doesn't belong on this sub.

Basically, over a year ago I was freelancing and required many stock photos. I ended up getting a subscription through Fotolia (basically you pay a certain amount each month and get a certain amount of stock photos - if you don't use all the photos they pile up into the next month as long as you keep your subscription).

I then got a full-time job and wasn't doing as much freelancing so I no longer needed as many stock photos. This is where my bad decisions started. I kept the subscription as the new job was supposed to be temporary (3 months), so I figured I would need the stock photos again after (and I didn't want to lose the ones I hadn't used yet).

Well, I ended up taking a permanent position with that company. The photos began to pile up like crazy as I was barely using them, but I couldn't bring myself to cancel the subscription as I had so many piled up! (So dumb...at this point I should have just used my remaining credits and cancelled.)

Anyways, through a combo of procrastinating because this stresses me out so much and not wanting to lose my existing credits, I now have a huge pileup and have dumped a lot of money into this :(.

Just curious if anyone has been in a similar position or has any advice? I realize that this is all a result of my poor decision making.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 15, 2016 at 08:19PM by clc269 http://ift.tt/2eXCf77

No comments:

Post a Comment