Thursday 3 November 2016

How do you work with clients? I often feel revisions heavily degrade design. where is the balance between understanding client needs and my integrity as a designer?

I am finding I have a lot of (web design) projects I don't care to show anybody after they are finished. I usually get halfway through a project and everything starts to look slick and beautiful, and then when I send the website to a client for them to review, a lot of strings start to snap. Bigger logo, bigger fonts, less quality pictures, a ton of additions. I don't know if I am being a entitled brat or not but I feel quite a bit of frustration. I want to create work that both me and the client are proud of, but I have not been getting that recently. Usually I finish a project and end with "Well at least I got paid." Feeling like the client had me on a leash for the entire second half of the project. I am just looking for some advice or insight. Thanks guys, love this sub.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 03, 2016 at 09:43PM by PGwojowski http://ift.tt/2f6hsQc

No comments:

Post a Comment