Thursday 1 June 2017

Can I embed a PSD into Illustrator for high quality print?

Hey guys, I gotta do some print adverts for magazine and newspaper use, but as a predominantly digital designer I don't have much experience with print preparation so I've humbly come to you all for some wisdom.

I've always done my print files in Illustrator/InDesign and export from there, but now I'm working with a PSD design and I'm going to be short on time so I want to know if it's possible to just embed the PSD into Illustrator (don't have access to InDesign at the moment) and save out the print file, or do I have to rebuild the design in Illustrator? I mean, I've embedded Illustrator files into InDesign and printed those and they've come out just fine, surely the same logic applies for PS into Illustrator if the dimensions and everything else remains exactly the same?

Thanks in advance.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 01, 2017 at 04:09PM by megatokeo http://ift.tt/2rfPWYD

No comments:

Post a Comment