Wednesday 13 September 2017

I gotta share this one with you guys! [venting]

So I got this local -somewhat big- fashion brand which every now and then hires me as freelancer to create Ads, newsletter and so...

Yesterday morning (7am) a mkt manager texts me and say they have an urgent request to send a newsletter, they needed to invite people for a big sale in another city, and asked me if I could do it.

They only sent me the briefing and files by 5pm asking if I could deliver in the same day. Then before accepting -THANKS FOR ADVICE SPECIALLY FROM THIS SUB- I asked what was the budget. The result? Urgency disappeared! The manager said I could deliver it next morning and meanwhile she would sort things out and let me know when the budget was approved. She never got back with the answer and it's almost noon. LOL

It just flips me out that a big brand in my country, which has well paid hired designers (I happen to know a few of them), over 20 stores, over 500 employees, still tries to pull free work from freelancers! Not to mention most of the times they try to pay part of the sum with products! I have almost 2k usd credit in their stores from past jobs.

TL;DR: Mkt manager tries to get free work from freelancer. Designer asked for budget and manager disappeared.

Thanks guys! And remember the first rule: No free work!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 13, 2017 at 01:42PM by SuperMassiveCookie http://ift.tt/2vUta8q

No comments:

Post a Comment