Monday 29 January 2018

How to find design jobs based on the industry you want to work in?

I'm currently a "Marketing Designer" - I basically work as an in-house powerhouse for anything design related.

I design email campaigns, product brochures, trade show booths and materials, billboards, PowerPoints, t-shirts, promotional items, web graphics, UI graphics, and more.

This position has been great in that it's allowed me to become somewhat well-rounded in many different areas, and it's been a stable source of income for many years now. However, I don't feel like it's allowing me to grow as a designer or in my career, and I also suspect that I am very underpaid.

I would love to do the same thing I'm doing now - just for a company and industry that I'm more interested in or passionate about. I feel like I could do really amazing work if my heart was in it more.

The trouble I've been having: on job search sites, you can search by your job title or the industry you work in. I've never seen a site where you, for instance, can search for a design job, then filter the results by industry.

Does anyone know if an app or a site like this exists? Or, even a service that matches you with jobs based on both your expertise and the industry you want to work in?

I'm sure I'm not the only person looking for something like this. If nothing like this exists right now, someone should get on it! Or maybe I should! :)

TLDR; Does anyone know of any apps, sites, or services where you can search for jobs based on (1) your current title or area of expertise, and (2) the industry that you want to work in? If you're, say, a graphic designer that wants to work in the Agriculture industry, it takes an enormous amount of time to find a job that fits. The same is probably true for other professions - for example, an IT professional who wants to work at a Zoo.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 30, 2018 at 02:37AM by reverie_ http://ift.tt/2BCWVwH

No comments:

Post a Comment