Monday 29 January 2018

Should I push harder? 3D rendering

I am an interior architecture and design student who just gained an internship from an art consulting firm located in SF. During one of our meetings I made my bosses aware of my abilities in using 3d rendering software. Since we deal with many high-end companies, I thought they might be able to utilize my skills for clients that are doing installation type art. Well, they recently took me up on that offer and had me do a mock-up of a forced perspective installation. Perhaps unfortunately for me when the subject of compensation came up, they offered me the same pay I would receive for my internship. I feel as though $20/hr is too low for 3d rendering work in SF. I have seen anywhere from $30-$100 an hour for this type of work. Granted, my experience is limited and this would be my first paid commission for rendering work, but am I devaluing myself by taking $10 under the range?

I really enjoy this type of work, and it seems they have a need for this. I just want to be sure that I'm being fairly compensated for my skills. Any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 29, 2018 at 11:59PM by MistyTheFloppyFrog http://ift.tt/2GqAZbP

No comments:

Post a Comment