Friday 26 January 2018

Pantone & Transparency Question

Hi everyone

I have FieryXF RIP software and a .AI file containing spot colors and transparency. I have a drop shadow on an image object that is on top of a Pantone spot color background.

Is it possible to create a suitable PDF that preserves spot colors but does not cause a problem with the transparency?

I have flattened the shadow using edit > flatten transparency, which created a CMYK object for the shadow with a white background. I then set that to multiply to get rid of the white background. I tried to print using PDFX-4 but the spot colors beneath the shadow do not print well (they are entirely hue shifted to green when they were originally yellow and brown spot colors). The spot colors elsewhere are unaffected and print normally.

I know I can convert to SWOP destination but I'd rather preserve the Pantone specs because these are GRACoL certified by the spectroproofer and are intended to be given to our vendors as color targets.

How can I export a suitable PDF that preserves spot colors and transparency without converting the entire thing to CMYK?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 26, 2018 at 05:55PM by grafxbill http://ift.tt/2EbvtJ9

No comments:

Post a Comment