Saturday 31 October 2015

Going from freelance web designer to full-time employee for company. What should I expect?

Since I graduated from college in 2012 with a degree in Philosophy, I've worked various odd jobs and supplemented my income by building websites for clients I'd find on craigslist or through word of mouth. I really enjoyed the flexibility that it provided me to pursue my first passion--MUSIC.

Hustling to make ends meet has gotten old so I decided to look for a full-time job as a web designer. I have a couple of interviews lined up but I'm freaking out about them. I'm struggling to visualize what they are going to expect of me and what my day to day is going to look like.

I'm also concerned that I don't have what it takes to get the job. I've only worked on sites for individuals and small businesses. I imagine working for a large company that has a site that processes large amounts of data and receives millions of visitors is going to be very different.

TL;DR. I'm nervous about interviewing for my "first real" job. Do you have any general advice? Could you recommend what I should read or brush up on for moving from designing small sites to enterprise web sites?



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted October 31, 2015 at 09:53PM by BreakingBurgers http://ift.tt/20j2f0y

No comments:

Post a Comment