Saturday 27 August 2016

I need a software to merge fonts of the same family into a real "Font Family"

I'm sure you have seen this issue where you have all the fonts in a family as different fonts: http://ift.tt/2bPL1GU What I want to do, is merge (p.e.) all the Courier fonts into one Courier, and all the Courier New into one Courier New.

I already used FontLab TransType 4 (specifically v4.0.1 build 5095) but there's a bug where "Semi Bold", "Heavy" and "Extra Black" types don't actually work. I mean, I can select it and convert the fonts, but there are issues (like, Black appearing before Heavy in the font listing). So I need better software because TransType is probably abandoned (it's a great software, though, and has a fully functional 7 day trial).

I'll accept and and all recommendations, I'm super new to this. For now, I'm using the fonts "as-is", but would love a software where I can actually fix my fonts.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted August 27, 2016 at 11:12PM by HumanismAboveAll http://ift.tt/2c4PdmQ

No comments:

Post a Comment