Monday 29 August 2016

what do you put in a portfolio when you've been doing boring work since school but want to get back into doing creative things professionally?

I graduated with an interior design degree in 2013. Apart from a brief stint with the most satisfying job ever (money/work ran out), I have been chasing a mouse around my desk making CAD drawing pretty. I am now actively looking for a job in which I create things, but I don't have any creative work to show from the past three years. Should I show work from school? I have done a lot of side projects to keep me sane, but none of them are very substantial.

I'd like to get input from anyone who's been in this situation before as well as people who hire for amazing jobs.

Thanks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted August 30, 2016 at 02:27AM by masherbator http://ift.tt/2c5ZyMt

No comments:

Post a Comment