Saturday 13 January 2018

How does one make an aesthetically-pleasing race car livery?

It sort of feels like whenever I search what the best racing liveries are, the results are mostly focused on the context of the cars that bore that livery. For example, they'll mention a livery that was specifically donned by a car that won a notable event, like the Renown-sponsored Mazda 787B. But what I want to know, is more about the best-designed liveries in themselves rather than just liveries with a notable connection to motorsport.

And I also totally get that when designing a racing livery, it mostly needs to feature the coloration of a given sponsor and its logo. Personally, I think a place to start is to have a livery follow the contours and lines of the car's frame, but where should I go from there?

I'm mostly interested because I wanna tinker around with the GT Sport livery editor to create liveries based on certain companies/brands/etc. that aren't part of already-existing liveries in real life.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 13, 2018 at 09:52PM by YabukiJoe http://ift.tt/2AYXfp6

No comments:

Post a Comment