Friday 12 January 2018

Mobile phones and tablets are a terrible design that are difficult to hold/use and cause health problems.

I haven't got any evidence or supporting research for my statement other than my own user experience and observations of others use habits.

The biggest issues I have experienced are:-

Bad ergonomic design. Phones are awkward, difficult and uncomfortable to hold. Yes using your phone for a very short period with both hands is not an issue. But the majority of us use our phones all day. Often one handed, nearly impossible to do with some of the bigger phones. Reading upside down in bed is a pain as there is nothing easy to grip. I know i've dropped it on my face more than a few times. It's incredibly difficult to hold it with one hand to take a photo/selfie.

They encourage users to have bad posture by constantly looking down or maintaining uncomfortable positions.

So those are basically my gripes with mobile phone design. There are probably more or better examples but I couldn't be bothered to think of them probably much like the designers of mobile phones.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 13, 2018 at 01:20AM by Timedoutsob http://ift.tt/2FwLqtT

No comments:

Post a Comment