Thursday 22 February 2018

Can't seem to agree on a personal portfolio website brief, the project is going nowhere.

My partner and I have a small graphic design business and because we currently have some free time, I thought it would be a good idea to redesign our portfolio website. The one we already have looks good, but I think we could use a change and besides, with all this free time, we could focus 100% on this task.

My partner was not as interested as me in this idea, but we started anyway. I already had a long list of inspirational websites, colour palettes and more which I've been collecting for a long time. He didn't want to make a separate documentation/inspiration board, so he chose things he liked from my list. The problem is that we have very different ideas for the website, different styles and we can't seem to find a common ground, so the project is going nowhere basically. I started making a website layout wireframe in Photoshop and sketched a few ideas, but it's hard for me to find a common ground between the style I like and the one he likes (or I think he might like).

Do you have any advice, how can we move on and find a way to move things forward without going with one idea OR the other?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted February 22, 2018 at 02:15PM by CottonNoodle http://ift.tt/2sM2Hgj

No comments:

Post a Comment