Sunday 25 February 2018

Was asked to design a handout for after a film screening, asking people to donate to the production costs. The "how to donate" link is very long and I can't get it to fit nicely in a way that is easy-to-read and fits with the other constraints I have. Ideas?

Picture trying to fit "thisisthefilmtitle.net/pages/this-is-how-you-donate-to-the-film-thanks-so-much.php" so that it's readable on a handout that will measure 4x3 inches.

My gut tells me to put a link like this front-and-centre, on one line, bigger than the other text...but that's not going to work.

Also, the audience for the film will mostly be middle-aged, so I really can't compromise readability. For this reason I also shy away from doing something with a QR code, for example.

I'm doing this on a volunteer basis. No one else with design experience signed up to help. I told her I was really busy this week but could do it the night before the screening (it's tomorrow at noon). So there's no time to, for example, suggest they modify the website to make the link shorter.

URL shorteners are not an option; it's not professional, harder to type in, and the audience might think it's a virus or something. Unless someone can recommend something that might work?

I really hate the idea of breaking it up onto two (or three! aa) lines...



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted February 25, 2018 at 08:16AM by scumbagotron http://ift.tt/2F2VD3F

No comments:

Post a Comment