Sunday 25 February 2018

Help - Someone copied my portfolio

Hi all I posted this a while back in another group but certain situations came up that now I don't know how to pursue this predicament I'm in.

Basically long story short: I graduated last year in May (bachelors) and a master's student that graduated from the same year (I know him) stole some of my projects and placed them on his website. I only found out about this because he said bye as he was driving off to his new found job. The projects are a pure copy and past onto his website - never worked with him, never fully interacted with him.

Now what I've done so far: Contact the university - after two months they said they can't do anything since they don't know when he posted this (pre/post grad).

Contacted the company he got hired to: They were really upset about the situation and told me that they would keep me in touch and that he will most likely get fired along with my work being taken down. (sent them lots of evidence, along with the university's support).

Now - they won't reply to my emails about updates, and it's been two months, my works still up on his website, and he's still working there.

I recently wrote him a message on facebook (don't have his email) since he's my "friend" on it telling him to take it down.

Don't know what I should do at this point. I'm applying to new positions currently along with grad school - and I don't want this to hinder me in any way. A designer on the side gave me the CEO's email to directly contact him now but I don't know if I should.

old story post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Design/comments/7iw80u/professional_advice_toward_pure_plagiarism/

Any directions would help, thank you >...<

summary: I graduated with bachelors, he's in the masters program Copied and pasted my work onto his website University we graduated from knows but can't do anything His company knows, were upset at first that he did this, but now are quiet (been 2 months, still up & still works there)



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted February 26, 2018 at 04:17AM by RandomlyBrowsingGuy http://ift.tt/2oxIDsN

No comments:

Post a Comment