Sunday 25 March 2018

Have you ever received really cruel messages through your design site?

Now, I am the first to admit I am not the most wonderful designer in the world. I have been practicing since 2012 and have an honours diploma in Creative Digital Media - so there's been a time, energy, and financial investment in this path. Anyways - today I received a rather unwarranted message about how I am not a real designer (in this case for web, but I do graphic and print) because I had the nerve to use stock photos, my text was "template-esque" (I did write it, I just happen to be a writer) and they met an unfinished page (do remember this is my own website) with sheer horror.

My skin isn't as tough as it should be - I know it shouldn't matter - but have you ever had people contact just to attack you? How did you feel about it? So discouraging! I always try to encourage designers, etc. Yes the page was unfinished - but I was getting to it.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 26, 2018 at 02:34AM by Imperceptions https://ift.tt/2GcDAW3

No comments:

Post a Comment