Wednesday 21 March 2018

Technical question: Printing images from screenshots?

Ok this has been an on going issue that I wanted to clarify. I often need to print screen captures from a company's software (it's detailed 3D models and stuff like that). Their images supplied output on a 4K screen to 3840x1080p at 72dpi and physical a size of 53.33x15 inch.

Printing on smaller things like brochures is usually fine, although printers always request for 300dpi. Obviously when converting to 300dpi the physical size shrinks. I've done tests and see little to no difference when converting too higher dpi's though because the originals were on a 72dpi screen. The main issue is trying print these at larger banner sizes, around 10x8feet. Again printers want at least 150dpi but this doesn't seem to matter. Blowing up the image decreases the quality already so is there anything I can do? Right now I just enlarge in photoshop and use 'preserve details' but there's always blurriness. Image quality is important to them because it's integral to their product so I want to make sure I'm doing it highest quality possible. Any advice on this? Thank you.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 21, 2018 at 05:53PM by EasyContribution http://ift.tt/2pvksvy

No comments:

Post a Comment