Wednesday 21 March 2018

How to ask a design agency if they are hiring?

I am looking for a full-time graphic design position in a specific city in my country (european) and haven't seen any job ads suitable for me, so in addition to posting job seeking ads on relevant facebook groups with portfolio website attached, I also want to try targeting specific design agencies in my job hunt, and to basically cold call them (since it seems more effective than just sending out emails at first).

Since I am a bit nervous planning it out, I need reassurance from you folks! Let's say I've found a couple of agencies I'd like to work in and plan to cold call them. Is it a good strategy to ask them to let me mail them a physical package (containing a copy of my CV, motivational letter and portfolio catalogue) in case a job opens up in the future? I specialize in print design so I figured it makes sense to send physical examples.

If anyone has experience with targeting specific companies during job hunt, I would very much appreciate your advice and tips on how to pull this off more effectively. Thanks in advance :)



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 21, 2018 at 06:41AM by Horny_Hipst3r http://ift.tt/2Ga34Xr

No comments:

Post a Comment