Thursday 31 March 2016

As a designer, is it possible to create assets, vs liabilities?

I've been rereading Rich Dad Poor Dad after many years and it made me wonder what an asset would be to a designer.

Generally speaking, an asset is something that makes money for you with little to no involvement from yourself. To me, that basically sounded like all these passive income posts I see from time to time: "I make $XXXX a month from AdWords", " I earned $XXX from RedBubble", "I sell templates and prints from my site". But are these considered assets? Or are they simply passive income side projects?

I always thought to myself, " Hey, if I can create at least 1000 relevant designs on RedBubble, I'm sure I can consistently net a tidy profit just by sheer volume alone." But this is probably a terrible idea now that I think about it.

So what is an asset to a designer? Does it exist?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 31, 2016 at 02:15PM by TheRandomArtist http://ift.tt/1M2YuZr

No comments:

Post a Comment