Thursday 31 March 2016

Hardware, Network, Photography guy, having a hard time with Web-Dev.

In the world of IT, I get down on Hardware, Networking hardware, Photography hardware and Editing Software. But Web-Development... HTML, CSS, Javascript... I fail at it, like learning a language. Even now, I am sitting here at my computer looking at how to videos, online courses, Web-Dev for hire etc, I feel ashamed to say I am an IT Veteran and yet I dont know how to put together a basic web page.

My real Dilemna is that I was hired on to run this online business. The owner asked me to look into different IT situations for his other businesses. This dude, this dude is old school and a character... his equipment is very much outdated. He has had different Dodgy IT people come through his businesses in the last 14 years. He has had money stolen from him, he has had partners found guilty of some serious embezzelment, Dodgy employees who let his online stores go to Shite. I have helped with all that I can, without getting to deep into this. But his website is something that I just cannot help with and I am admitting it. I feel like this brings a unique challenge tho... No, I know it does.

He has had a few poeple fox with his website, and ultimately it is not a proper functioning website. Especially for mobile browsers. Mobile browser and shopping cart. Which, I know very little about.

I sit here with a download of Wordpress... and Im lost. I realise I would have to rummage around multiple Web-Developers mess of code. I dont know where to even begin to try and fix this Mess

The thing that sucks, is that I know its something in my brain that has not clicked... like a faint taste that you can barely put on the tip of your tougue. Im sure there is something that I am not getting and it will finally make sense.

The Website needs to be Mobile/tablet/desktop friendly, The links need to all work, the shopping cart needs to be fixed... On top of that, I am also the IT/Photography Manager for 2 of his other businesses. I would be happy to pay somebody to tutor me, or get the website mobile friendly. His business and my job rely on the income that could be generated from getting this website back to working order. Even a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR Website for our business is shite, due to Dodgy people and an inability to keep with the times.

Help me REDDIT, Your my only hope Well, probably not. However I do appreciate your time.



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted April 01, 2016 at 05:28AM by luminairy http://ift.tt/25zI6WH

No comments:

Post a Comment