Wednesday 17 August 2016

Issues with Pixel Hinting in Photoshop

I'm working on an icon and I've come across a problem. When I export the icon as a png with a size comparatively smaller than the vector, the icon loses detail. That said, I'm well aware of the difference between vector and raster images. What can I do to work around this?

I came across the pixel hinting technique, and found Phil Coffman's video on it. I copied all the layers from AI to PS, and pasted them as shape layers. When I try to select a shape using the Direct Selection Tool, the anchor points don't show up as they normally do. On doing the same in AI using Pixel Preview, the anchor points appear and I'm able to transform the shape, except that dragging out on one side of the shape does it on the other side (automatically) too.

I'm really hoping to get it working on PS.

I'm using Adobe Illustrator on Windows and a 512x512px workspace, and Photoshop CC 2015.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted August 17, 2016 at 02:18PM by vicky00125 http://ift.tt/2b0YwlI

No comments:

Post a Comment