Friday 20 October 2017

Photo retouching rules?

Hey everyone, I’m seeking a bit of advice if it’s possible. I interviewed with a modeling agency for a graphic design position. I’m fresh out of college and know pretty well how to use Photoshop, but I have a question about retouching.

During our interview the interviewer asked about my opinion of retouching and I said that it should be done tastefully, but not overdone so the model still looks human, and she agreed. She told me she would email me some photos to retouch just to see my skill level/eye for photo manipulation, and I’m working on that now.

In her email her only request was that I retouch for “color correction and skin texture”, and I’m mostly confused about the skin texture part. Obviously I need to get rid of acne, acne scars, and blackheads etc., but does that include tattoos? Visible piercing holes? Moles? There’s a model with a large birthmark?/rosacea on his face, should I be covering that up?

I’m not sure what’s the ins and outs of photo retouching when it comes to modeling portfolio’s, so I’m a bit anxious and confused. Can anyone offer their opinion? I don’t want to heavily change the model as per our conversation, but I’m not sure exactly what I should be covering up too.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 21, 2017 at 03:19AM by kbrn43 http://ift.tt/2hWeaky

No comments:

Post a Comment