Monday 16 October 2017

With all the new racing games that include livery editors, does this sub have any advice for creating them?

The games I had in mind were Gran Turismo Sport and Need for Speed Payback, and I think I already had some ideas about how to go about it. For example, I get the idea that I should treat the blank car like a 3D coloring book, putting certain shapes/colors within the contours of the car's body design.

But I'm overall wondering if there's anything else I should know. For example, I understand that smaller sponsor stickers are necessary for real-world race cars because they're expensive, but does that necessarily mean I should include them in livery designs in videogames? Or would it look even better to have a more minimalist approach to sponsor/brand stickers?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 17, 2017 at 12:22AM by YabukiJoe http://ift.tt/2zdJYZf

No comments:

Post a Comment