Thursday 15 February 2018

Looking for info on how to use Japanese characters in a design without infringing copyright...

Hopefully one of you can at least send me in the right direction. I'm designing a PC game that includes a fictional toy robot from Japan. The package design will include Japanese Kanji/Characters, most notably the symbol for death, or Shi, using one of the Japanese fonts that come with windows. I plan on placing the symbol on many of the weapons the robot uses. But how do I know if some Japanese company doesn't already have that as their logo or trademark or something? Or is that kinda thing not copyright-able?

Also if someone can direct me to a good resource for avoiding copyright infringement in general as my game is set in the 80s and I plan on parodying some of the iconic toys from the era, like those styrofoam planes that you got at birthday parties and I want to know how different my design needs to look in order to not get sued. Thanks.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted February 15, 2018 at 11:18PM by Swiss_Cheese9797 http://ift.tt/2ErQJtv

No comments:

Post a Comment