Thursday 1 February 2018

Share your ideas for design exercises...

Hello all,

I am a graphic design teacher for H.S. students. I am always seeking ways to improve my course for students. I feel that I need to add some lighter, more fun and engaging yet challenging design exercises and am looking to hear about your own experiences studying design or ideas you might have. The goal is to develop critical thinking/problem solving skills, through design. My course has a big focus on print/package/branding design but I am not limiting.

In the Abstract series Christoph Nieman shared stories about his own instructor assigning various exercises for his class while studying in university: Sets of limitations that can drive students to develop creative solutions.

What kind of exercises do you think might be accessible to a H.S. student and would help push their creativity and problem solving skills while creating design.

Ideas that are accessible across cultures, skill levels and are low cost are best for my student population.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted February 01, 2018 at 06:38AM by misterdudebro http://ift.tt/2DRtBs5

No comments:

Post a Comment