Friday 2 March 2018

Dropped out of design college, need some book recommendations

Recently I dropped out the graphic design program at my local college because I wasn't enjoying it. Anyone I have talked to who is a good designer and has finished the program at this college, didn't like it. The curriculum was not really teaching students how to become graphic designers. It was teaching them how to act and talk like experts so that clients will want to hire them. This is not why I joined the program. I joined the program because I want to study design. I want to study it throughout my lifetime, and learn as much as I can. I want to hear the same lesson from 100 different people that I can get a feel for what works and what doesn't. So to start, I've decided to find 30 books to read in order to kick-start my learning process. I haven't done any sort of in depth research yet, in fact I pretty much just googled "graphic design books" and then made a list.

Here is the list that I've gathered together. I want to know your opinions, and if there are any books that I should take off the list because its not very good material, and I want to hear suggestions and recommendations on books that you've read or heard about. I'm very new to design culture so forgive me if any of these book choices are repetitive or silly. I haven't even looked into the topics yet, this is just a list to kind of get me started.

Right now I'm really interested in logos, typography, and font-focused design. I'm also interested in learning about interior design, fashion design, and also design as an art and less of a practicality.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 03, 2018 at 02:13AM by Zaivia http://ift.tt/2Fkcorq

No comments:

Post a Comment