Monday 5 March 2018

How would you make a HTML template for someone without software or knowledge?

I'm in a govt office. I work on a monthly HTML newsletter. I do the coding in Dreamweaver, input the articles and then send it out via Outlook.

There is another office that is looking to have their own quarterly HTML newsletter and they want me to design the template. The editor/owner of this newsletter does not have HTML experience, nor editing software (this is tricky because only approved software can be installed on the govt PCs)

She is used to doing her newsletter in Publisher and exporting to PDF but the mission is to streamline and get her producing an HTML email.

I have the Adobe Suite, and it would be difficult for me to get the licensing/approval for Publisher.

I tried making a template in Illustrator, exported to PDF, because she does have Acrobat Pro. The thinking was she could edit her newsletter in Acrobat and export to HTML from Acrobat Pro (the only piece of software we both have access to)

But the PDF->HTML export process is terrible, and producing an end-result that's not working at all.

The only other option I can think of is make the template in Dreamweaver, send it to her in Outlook. She hits the Forward button and she can do edits before sending it out.

Is there a cleaner way? Is there a program I can make an HTML template she can easily edit? Is there a free program that produces and HTML email?

Thanks



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 05, 2018 at 07:48PM by ageowns http://ift.tt/2oIXzVM

No comments:

Post a Comment