Monday 5 March 2018

I want to efficiently build a career in design, with no professional experience or training.

I posted this as a response so someone but I think I'll give it its own thread.

I am very serious about building a career in design. Ancillary to that, I am passionately serious about improving my artistic skills in traditional and digital drawing/painting.

I am not yet sure if art specifically is a career path, but it is what I care about the most. Almost all of my free time is now spent practicing art, but I want to start dedicating some of that to a career change, into some design discipline.

I'm 27, I work in IT and I need to get out. I have 0 motivation to learn and advance in the IT field. I ended up here due to stupid life circumstances I am just now freeing myself of. Ever since I was a teen I've worked in flash, photoshop drawing/typesetting, some C++ experience. And for what it's worth I have a history degree..

I feel like I have a lot of directions I can go in. I am looking for some kind of website, forum, or other resource I can use to learn more about specific design jobs, career paths, and how to self-teach. Tentatively I am thinking either graphic design or UI/UX, but I need a lot more information first.

Do you know a resource which might be a good springboard for me? Reddit is pretty hodge-podge. I guess I'm looking for a community which would have collected information I can go through, and the ability to ask others questions.

Advice heartily welcomed. I know I have a head for this stuff, it's what I'm supposed to do. I want to try and sharpen my skills in a focused and efficient manner, in order to change my career quickly.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 05, 2018 at 09:50PM by browngirls http://ift.tt/2Fktan3

No comments:

Post a Comment