Monday 23 July 2018

How to communicate skills effectively in interviews?

Today I had a preliminary interview for an internship placement thing my school helps provide. For the most part my interview went well, and because I've already had a career, have good interview skills.

His main feedback for me was to find a way to talk about my technical chops (eg, Photoshop, Sketch, etc) ASAP so that interviewers can try and figure out if I'm a good personality/culture fit and not worry if I actually can do the job or not.

As a technical writer, this was pretty easy, because the tools aren't super important -- understanding process and users was. As a result, I'm great at talking about that, but not sure how to talk about more artisanal skills.

Any tips for me?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 24, 2018 at 12:28AM by addledhands https://ift.tt/2JN0Nzm

No comments:

Post a Comment