Monday 30 July 2018

Photoshop versus Affinity for design?

(Hopefully this is the right place).

I've recently been researching alternatives to PS due to preferring a flat payment to a subscription model (I did't use PS professionally). I was mostly using PS for drawing and character concepting, while also regularly using it for photo manipulation and composition. I was recommended Affinity Photo as an alternative with a similar range of functionality. However, I'm not sure that it's as suitable for character/environment/other drawing-based design as it is for purely photo-based projects. Can anyone who's used both programs, or perhaps Affinity Designer, give me their opinion?

EDIT: For clarity, most of my drawing-based projects were scanned and then coloured/traced as opposed to being drawn directly in Photoshop.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 30, 2018 at 05:16PM by telechronicler https://ift.tt/2mVDtq4

No comments:

Post a Comment