Sunday 29 July 2018

Restaurant Menu Nightmares

tl;dr - Does anyone have a recommendation for custom menu design software that is easy/free for non-designers to edit?

I'm an in-house designer for a winery and high end restaurant; same company, different properties. I'm at my wit's end with the beverage manager at the restaurant. At the CEO's request, I had designed custom menus for the restaurant including their wine & spirits list, which is extensive. The bev manager often changes brands and vintages; no problem, I can make those changes and send the menu file back over to be printed with little delay. However he insists vehemently on having editing power. Alright no problem, I built a fillable form so he can plug and play and the menu will match the others and remain in line with the brand. We've been back and forth over this for a few months. I went to the restaurant recently and found the beverage menu to be in disastrous shape, none of the fonts match, the registration is different on each page, the edges are hastily cut and torn- it's an embarrassment for a restaurant with $100 entrées. Bev manager redid my design as a frankenstein between Word and Publisher. I feel I've tried every angle with this guy- I'm out of ideas and would love to hear any suggestions. I'm hopeful there's some software that can do this for us that I simply haven't found.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 30, 2018 at 01:15AM by savvyleigh https://ift.tt/2LJwRJh

No comments:

Post a Comment