Wednesday 30 September 2015

Any valuable advice for someone who wants to freelance officially this coming summer and is willing to prepare?

Hey,

19 year old college student here. I've been studying and practicing web design and development since middle school. It's become a hobby of mine that I've come to love and I've just recently decided that this is the field that I want to work towards as a career.

My abilities are all in the front end, so I specialize in HTML, CSS, Javascript, and graphics design. Currently practicing angularJS. I want to offer front-end design and development this upcoming summer after I've spent the next 6-7 months studying and improving my skills. I've done this in the past but strictly through family, friends, and references, so it wasn't extremely official. My portfolio has become pretty developed as a result however. All my clients have been very pleased with me. I also live in the silicon valley.

I'm looking for as much advice as I can in regards to both the business side of things and how I can best improve my actual web skills, but primarily the business side since this is where i am lacking the most. Are there any resources out there that will help a web developer step into the freelancing world?

Any advice at all on where to go from here would be very appreciated!



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted September 30, 2015 at 11:17AM by bskilly http://ift.tt/1KRaIh3

No comments:

Post a Comment