Tuesday 29 September 2015

Artist looking webpage build advice

I'm an artist needing a website for a soon-to-be-released project. I'm near the end of an 18 month project that deals with mental illness and creativity.

I have an approx ~24x36 piece of art that I cut into 21 pieces the size of a business envelope. I am about to send all these piece out to various groups and individuals, and each one of those people will have a link and code that will allow them to visit the site of the project and confirm delivery of that piece, thereby overturning that portion of the entire digitally reconstructed composition.

The initial display of the piece that would be the homepage is attached in email and it would respond by overturning each envelope until the entire composition is revealed. As users scroll down below the art (still on the homepage) they are able to read past the introduction into the full essay on creativity and the state of public mental health.

Or instead of scrolling down they hover over the piece itself and the individual little piece raises slightly indicating the ability to navigate into the letter or essay addressed with that particular piece.

If they do click I would like the larger piece to explode/zoom toward and past the camera in a fluid animation showing the smaller piece in a zoomed view with the new letter/essay scrolling down.

I have a master's in architecture, so I already have a pretty experienced eye in regard to design and composition, but I am brand new to web building.

Are there any free online web builders that offer the ability to make fluid transition animations easily? If not, how difficult are the things that I want? What would be a time frame for a professional to build this kind of site, and cost range I can expect?

Or if you think it can be done easily, I would take advice or tips if you have any!

The initial display of the composition on the homepage, before the larger composition is revealed.

Thanks



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted September 29, 2015 at 03:11PM by masterPthebear http://ift.tt/1OEaznf

No comments:

Post a Comment