Tuesday 29 September 2015

How do you guys handle secondary (sidebar) navigation on mobile-responsive sites?

As I transition into doing more and more responsive sites, this is a problem I consistently run into. I've got my main navigation at the top of the page that's easy enough to expand/collapse with Bootstrap. But, I'm almost always left with a secondary navigation in the left sidebar (in desktop view) that I don't know what to do with on mobile.

Putting it above the main content seems weird and can take up too much space, but putting it below increases the likelyhood that it will get missed. I could hide it behind an accordion at the top, but what do I call the header for that section? "Page Menu"? "(Main Tab Name) Menu"? Then I've got two expand/collapse menus on one page really close to one another.

How does everybody else handle this?



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted September 30, 2015 at 05:25AM by b1gj4k3 http://ift.tt/1h99Pbi

No comments:

Post a Comment