Wednesday 28 October 2015

Question:Website I visited once suddenly has info on me I haven't given them.

I'm don't think I'm totally dumb (feel free to point out otherwise), I just never had this happen anywhere before.

Earlier today I visited a popular British charity's online store, I browsed a little while and left without making a purchase or donation. I use chrome and have Ghostery running nothing unusual was flagged up for that site.

Little while later I get an email from said site PoppyShop asking me if I needed any help to make a purchase after my earlier visit when they noticed I didn't buy anything.

At no point did I enter any information into the site, I'd never visited it before or any other site that may belong to them. So where or why did they suddenly have my email address (that's not remotely connected to my google ID(which maybe I could have understood them harvesting))

As you're all probably much more knowledgeable on this subject than myself I was hoping you could enlighten me.

Thanks in advance P



Epic visual tool

Epson 5030UB 2D/3D 1080p 3LCD Projector Submitted October 28, 2015 at 11:25PM by Pyklet http://ift.tt/1kTyF1c

No comments:

Post a Comment